Friday, May 31, 2013
update
So I am pretty drugged and loopy so right now I will just be copying and pasting information that was updated on my Facebook page. I will do my best to give more detailed information as the pain gets under control.
I arrived at the hospital at 5:30 am, at 7am I was taken to surgery floor and at 7:30am taken in for surgery. Surgery went well and lasted until 10:30 or so. The doctor did not see anything cancerous! We still have to wait 4-5 days for the frozen section results so I am waiting until then to do the happy dance.
My sister posted around 10:30 am: Well just wanted to update everyone on my sis the doc came out and said as far as she can see there is NO CANCER. Still have to wait for the pathology reports to confirm but it's looking good — with Lynda Ostler.
around 11:30 I posted I am drugged but feel free to text or message me.
My pain rating up until 3 was between 8 and 10. I had morphine and percocet when the nurse decided to make her way to my room. My first morphine was around 11, second was close to 1:30 and last was around 3. My percocet was around 12:30.
I spoke with the nurse about my pain not being under control around 12:30 and she suggested that she contact the doctor.This is when she gave me a perocet. I spoke with her again between 1 and 1:30, I should have had my morphine at 1 but she did not make it and I had to have her paged and she finally made it close to 1:30.
At 2:20 I had the nurse paged because my back had started to really hurt which led to other parts of my body to hurt. I had to have her paged again at 2:35 because she did not make it in.Again I had her paged at 2:45, they actually had the assistant paged to come help me. By the time they both made it to my room at 2:50 I was crying so hard that I couldn't breathe and my stomach was in horrible achey pain.
When the nurse walked in she looked at me and asked how I was doing. I freaked out and yelled at her and asked what she thought I was doing. She said well apparently the morphine is not working. I said you think so? Se proceded to tell me that the percocet didn't work I was like duh! I asked if she had heard from the doctor yet and she informed me that the doctor had not called her back yet. At this time I was speaking very loud and not happy with her at all. She told me that she was going to contact the doctor was earlier and hadn't followed through. I told her it was her fault my pain was out of control because we had not kept up on it. The assistant had been called from his lunch break to come help me. I told the nurse to leave my room and I didn't want to see her face again. Along with some other choice words that were not at a normal speaking level.
posted around 3 : Freaking idiotic nurse just got her ass booted from my room.
The assistant stayed and helped me. I first had him check my catheter. He confimred that nothing was draining, it had a block somewhere in the hose. He finally got the urine drained out of my bladder by moving the hose around a little bit. I can't remember how much he said but it was a lot. With how much there was this of course did not help the pain I was in. I felt some relief.
Next, he called for someone to help pull me up in the bed a little and tuck some more pillows under my back so I could be tilted. Also, checked everything else, blood pressure, temp, o2 and others.
The charge nurse came in to help the assistant move me. He ended up being my nurse until 7pm. He checked my infomrtion and asked if I had been given any tramadol, which my response was no. The lovely nurse had not checked my meds to see if there was naything else I could have. The tramadol helped some along with the morphine at 3pm.
The doctor approved for me to get a pump with the drug Dilaudid. This has helped with my agitation but has not taken the pain away. I am between a and 7. at least not a 10.
I will update more tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment